Many famous and wealthiest people globally invest in the most expensive vehicles. The rich see the limited editions as investments because they appreciate value over the years. So, they can auction them at high prices. Many factors determine how expensive a car should be, even after production.
It includes history, rarity, speed, comfort, tech integration and brand popularity and reputation. The vehicles also become monumental status symbols once a world-renowned person owns them.
Below are some of the most expensive cars globally and their owners.
- Ralph Lauren – Bugatti Type 57SC Atlantic ($40 Million or 146,924,000 AED)
Ralph Lifshitz, better knowns as Ralph Lauren, is an American fashion designer, billionaire businessman and philanthropist. He is best known for the global multibillion-dollar enterprise, Ralph Lauren Corporation. The 82 years old fashion mogul is also well known for his rare automobiles collection, some of which have been displayed in museums.
There are only two 57SC Atlantics still in existence; one belongs to Lauren and the other to the Mullin Automotive Museum, Los Angeles. Rare, elegant, luxurious and sporty, the type 57 S.C. Atlantic coupé is 80 years old now and perhaps the greatest Bugatti legend and one of the world’s most valuable automobiles.
The fashion mogul’s 1930s, black 57SC Atlantic is considered the world’s first supercar, i.e., a street-legal high-performance sports car. It is cool to look at its unique kidney-shaped doors, riveted fins, and tear-drop-shaped body.
- Jay-Z – Rolls-Royce Boat Tail ($28.4 million or 104,316,040 AED)
Shawn Corey Carter, known as Jay-Z, is an American rapper, songwriter, entrepreneur, media proprietor and record producer. He is regarded as one of the most influential hip-hop artists in history. Jay-Z has an extensive luxury car collection, including an $8m Mercedes-Benz Maybach Exelero.
The custom-built Rolls-Royce Boat Tail will become the most expensive car in the world in 2021. Rolls-Royce made it to launch their Coachbuild service for their premium clients. Only three Boat Tail cars are, meaning the vehicle will be a rare collector’s item. The car shares the 6.75-litre twin-turbo V12 engine with the Rolls-Royce Phantom, Cullinan, and Ghost.
- Cristiano Ronaldo – Bugatti La Voiture Noire ($19.6 million or 71,992,760 AED)
Cristiano Ronaldo, the Portuguese national footballer and Manchester United star, acquired the Bugatti La Voiture Noire (the black car) in 2019, and it was the world’s most expensive car. The whole body is carbon fiber, and every component is hand-crafted. The Bugatti La Voiture Noire was a one-off built to celebrate the 110th anniversary of the company’s founding. Ronaldo received the car this year.
The black car is reminiscent of the legendary Bugatti Type 57 S.C. Atlantic made by Jean Bugatti, Bugatti’s eldest son, in the late 1930s. La Voiture Noire has a quad-turbo 8.0-litre W16 engine and a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission. It produces 1500 HP and 1180 lb-ft of torque and can shoot from 0 to 60 mph in 2.4 seconds with a top speed of 249 mph. The car boasts illuminated lettering and six exhaust pipes.
- Jay Leno – 1994 McLaren F1 Redux ($12 Million or 44, 077,200 AED)
James Douglas Muir Leno is an American producer, actor, writer, comedian and former late-night television host. He was a stand-up comedian and, from 1992 to 2009, hosted NBC’s The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. He bought the car for $800, 000 and it is now worth over $12m. Jay has a collection of over 150 vintage classics and modern supercars.
The McLaren F1 Redux is a 2-door coupé powered by the BMW 6 Liter V12 engine generating 618 HP and 479 lb-ft of torque. It features a six-speed manual transmission and can speed up from 0 to 60mph in 3.2 seconds with a top speed of 240 mph.
- Manny Khoshbin – Bugatti Chiron Hermès Edition ($6 million or 22,038,600 AED)
Manny Khoshbin is a Californian real estate mogul and author. He immigrated to the U.S. in 1984 at 14 with his parents. In 1992, he received his real estate license and successful real estate career. He has a collection of supercars, including the Bugatti Chiron Hermès Edition.
The ultra-luxury beauty that took three years to build boasts Hermès paint with cashmere fabric and one-of-one badges in the interior. It features a quad-turbocharged 8-Liter W16 engine putting out 1500 HP with an 1180 lb-ft of torque. It can blast from 0 to 60 mph in 2.4 seconds with a top speed of 261 mph.
- Floyd Mayweather – Koenigsegg CCXR Trevita ($4.6 Million or 16,896,260 AED)
Floyd Mayweather is an American professional boxing promoter and a legendary boxer; he retired as an undefeated champion. His record stands at 50 wins, 27 knockouts and 0 losses. He competed from 1996 to 2015 with a single comeback fight in 2017.
Koenigsegg Automotive made only two Koenigsegg CCXR Trevita cars. It is among the rarest concept cars and famous for its exclusive Diamond Weave” finish. The vehicle has a twin-supercharged 4.7-litre gasoline/ethanol engine giving 1,004 HP and a torque of 796 lb-ft. It can speed from 0 to 60 mph in 2.9 seconds with a top of 254 mph.
- Tom Brady – Bugatti Veyron Super Sport ($3 Million or 11,019,300 AED)
Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr is arguably the best quarterback in history. He turns out for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers of the National Football League.
The Bugatti Veyron Super Sport boasts an 8-Liter quad-turbocharged W16 engine generating 1200 HP with an 1106 lb-ft of torque. It is an all-wheel drive with a 7-Speed Direct Shift automatic and can blast from 0 to 60 mph in 2.7 seconds with a top speed of 258 mph.
- Kylie Jenner – Ferrari LaFerrari ($1.4 Million or 5,142,340 AED)
Kylie Kristen Jenner is an American model, social media icon and businesswoman. She founded and owned Kylie Cosmetics, a cosmetic company. She rose to fame in the reality television series Keeping Up with the Kardashians’ from 2007 to 2021.
LaFerrari is a hybrid with a 6.3 Liter V12 engine and an electric motor with a combined output of 949 HP and 663 lb-ft of torque. The two-door RWD Coupé with two seats has a 7-speed automatic transmission and sprints from 0 to 124 mph in under seven seconds with a top speed of 217 mph.
- Steven Tyler – Hennessey Venom GT Spyder ($1.2 Million or 4,407,720 AED)
Born on March 26, 1948, and known as Steven Tyler, Steven Victor Tallarico is an American songwriter, actor, Rock star and former television personality.
The Hennessey Venom G.T. is one of the most expensive sports cars in the United States. It was created by modifying the Lotus Elise chassis design. The Rockstar owns a custom-made Hennessey GT, a convertible version of the Venom G.T. The car features a 7.0-litre twin-turbocharged engine with a Ricardo 6-Speed manual transmission like the Venom G.T. The drivetrain generates 1451 HP and can propel the car from 0 to 60 in 2.4 sec with a top speed of 268 mph.
- Beyonce Knowles – 1959 Silver Cloud Rolls-Royce Convertible ($1 Million or 3,673,100 AED)
Beyoncé Giselle Knowles is an American actress and singer-songwriter who became famous in the late 1990s as the R&B group Destiny Child lead singer. She later launched a successful solo career and married Jay-Z.
The R&B queen owns an immaculate 1959 Silver Cloud Rolls-Royce Convertible. The car features the original leather 1959 seats and a potent 6.2-litre V12 engine. It can accelerate from 0-60 mph in 10.9 seconds with a top speed of 104.7 mph.
Other Articles :
- How Fast Is A Lamborghini?Few automobile manufacturers can rival Lamborghini’s devotion to speed. In this article, we will look at some of its fastest cars ever to find out how fast is a Lamborghini?
- What Are The Mercedes SUV Models?Mercedes has an impressive SUV lineup. Merc SUVs are popular firstly because of their ability to combine regal styling with sublime performance. They are also loved for the way they epitomize Mercedes-Benz’s legendary craftsmanship, combining luxurious comfort with exceptional safety and outstanding capability.
- The New Mercedes-Maybach GLSYou can rent a Mercedes GLS Maybach in Dubai with Uptown Rent a Car LLC and enjoy the marque’s ultra-luxurious touch. Maybach is the badge reserved for the grandest and most expensive Mercedes models.
- Why Are Rolls Royce cars So Expensive?being handcrafted to fulfill their customers’ dreams of a flawless “magical carpet journey.” Rolls-Royce also knows no bounds and offers endless optional extras, customizations, and upgrades.
- What Is The Fastest Ferrari?Rampante, or prancing horse symbol. The company began operations in 1947 and is among the most prestigious sports car manufacturers globally.